Sunday, December 13, 2009

Practice site update

Hi guys, Rick just sent a update news to us.
He mentioned the growth of the practice website and also what teachers and students should do in the following days.
He also mentioned the podcasts, and he added very good videos from him and his students.
I think maybe we can also create videos and make them podcasts!!
Take a look at Rick's letter below.

Pizzicato


Hi everyone.

Our blog is now working on the practice site. We wrote an entry and set up to allow responses. We would like to have many entries from each school. Give your students a topic, have them write a few paragraphs and email it to me. If you have a photo to go with it, please send that as well. Anne and Joy, a few stories about Camp Palomar would be perfect. Pizzicato and Helen, we would love to see stories from your students. Judy, this would be a good venue for our philanthropy activities.

The warehouse page is up, but I renamed it the greenhouse page. It is for student work we are waiting to place. Let's see what grows here. :-)

We added our first student-created link on Harrison's Native Trees and Plants page. The kids were really excited about this. It is about the American Elm tree. The student did a great job on citing his work.

I am also ready for podcasts. Do each of you have the means to create them? They are really simple, especially if you have a Mac. If not, Send me a video of yourself or the student(s) who record it. I can convert most formats, but make your file sizes as small as possible to save space on our site. The same is true for movies you make as well as slide shows. Let me know what formats you are recording in so I can plan accordingly. Students will also be able to post comments to the podcasts. I will try to post one or two tomorrow as an example.

Don't hesitate to create a podcast, write a blog post or respond to those of others. GVC likes to see the teachers sharing with each other and with the students. Everyone on the team needs to show collaboration.

Please let me know weekly what your students are doing so I can post the information in our report on Nicenet.

Thanks,
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment